Thank you Lauren from Girl and the Abode for nominating me for the Liebster Blog Award!
The Liebster award is a way of promoting up and coming blogs. In order to qualify, I must tell you 11 things about me, answer the 11 questions Lauren has asked, nominate 11 more blogs I love, and ask them to answer 11 questions.
11 Things About Me:
1. I’m obsessed with Law & Order Criminal Intent, Criminal Minds, and COPS. I’m watching COPS right now.
2. My ideal afternoon would be sleeping in, going shopping at antique stores, watching an old movie, taking a bubble bath while drinking Lorina lemonade in a champagne flute, and reading a classic novel.
3. I like to play fantasy football. Last year I’d admit to being a New Orleans Saints fan; for now I’ll just say I’m a Drew Brees fan.
4. I like repetition. I like to listen to songs on repeat, watch marathons of TV shows, and I could probably eat the same thing every day.
5. It drives my fiance nuts that I like repetition.
6. I enjoy reading psychology textbooks and coloring in my highly complex human brain anatomy coloring book. I studied biochemistry and psychology in college- it’s not weird.
7. My favorite color has been sage/mint green my entire life.
8. I’m Swedish. I’m also proof that learning another language is nurture- not nature.
9. I’m really good at remembering dates. Even really obscure ones.
10. I’m really bad at remembering everything else.
11. I don’t like odd numbers.
11 Questions Lauren Asked Me:
1. What drives your creativeness? Doing anything creative- writing, styling a fashion shoot, playing music, attempting to paint- makes me feel genuinely happy. Happiness is a great motivator and a great result!
2. Why did you start blogging? I started blogging, basically, because I was unhappy with my life; each day was completely devoid of creativity. I wanted to learn more about the fashion industry before I did a 180 and changed careers.
3. If you had free time, what would you fill it with? First I’d have to Google “free time” because I have no idea what that is. I’d spend time writing and playing music, reading, and styling fashion shoots for whoever would let me!
4. What is your favorite movie? Why? That’s a tough one. I want to say Charade, but honestly, I’m not an Audrey Hepburn fan. I really love Midnight in Paris because I can relate to Owen Wilson’s character. Sometimes I feel like a member of the “Lost Generation” and would love to experience the ’20s. Most of all, there’s nothing more calming to me than walking in the rain. Add Paris to that scenario, and you’ve got my ideal afternoon.
5. Describe yourself in one word. Analytical.
6. What is your favorite city in the world? Paris… but I’ve never even been.
7. What about your life at this moment do you love the most? My fiance, Jason… but I have a feeling that will last more than just a moment.
8. What is your favorite meal? Anything Jason cooks- he’s amazing. My favorite meals are preceded and followed by dessert.
9. Do you prefer to read a paper book or a digital book? A paper book. Digital books aren’t “books” to me- just “text”.
10. If you could invite 5 famous people to dinner, who would it be? Adam Gontier (lead singer of Three Days Grace), Benjamin Burnley (lead singer of Breaking Benjamin), Jesse Hasek (lead singer of 10 Years), Pete Loeffler (lead singer of Chevelle), and Toby Morrell (lead singer of Emery). I have so many questions… assuming I didn’t pass out from excitement first.
11. What is your hobby? I love to sing.
11 Questions for My Nominees:
1. Are you a full time blogger?
2. What’s your favorite band/singer?
3. Do you read Poppy Magazine (because you should…)?
4. Where is your favorite place to shop?
5. Why did you decide to start a blog?
6. What inspires you?
7. Are you a Pinterest addict?
8. What’s your favorite book?
9. Do you prefer to shop vintage or new?
10. What’s your favorite movie?
11. Are you superstitious?
The 11 Blogs I Nominate:
1. Swoon Worthy
3. Ocean Dreams
8. Fash n Chips
11. I’m the It Girl
I can’t wait to see your answers!