To be such a “fashion girl”, it’s a little surprising that even though my closet is filled with variety, my makeup drawer is actually quite empty. In fact, all of my makeup easily fits on this 5″ by 7″ glitter acrylic tray by Mad City Sparkle.
I like to highlight my green eyes, and in my quest to find the perfect look, I stumbled upon photos from Issa’s Spring/Summer 2010 runway. Yes, I realize that this was a trend 2 years ago, but emerald, turquoise, and sapphire-colored eyelids appeared on the Fall/Winter 2012 runways as well.
To get this look, you’ll need onyx, turquoise, and gold eye shadows, a soft black eyeliner pencil, black mascara, and CoverGirl’s emerald eye shadow. To add the finishing touches, use a rosy blush on your cheeks and apply a nude lipstick.
1. Emerald Eyeshadow by CoverGirl Queen Collection | 2. Tropic Eyeshadow by NARS| 3. They’re Real! Mascara by Benefit (Black) | 4. Onyx-Black Kajal Eye Liner by Stila| 5. Blush by NARS (Deep Throat)| 6. Gold Glitter 3D Liquid Lustre by LORAC | 7. Lipstick by NARS (Sexual Healing) | 8. Onyx Pressed Mineral Eyeshadow by purminerals
1. First, use an eye shadow brush to apply the emerald green eye shadow to your entire eyelid. Pull the brush outward to cover your entire lid area.
2. Brush onyx eye shadow onto the outer corner of your lid and blend the color outwards to darken your outer crease.
3. Line your eyes using the soft black pencil.
4. Apply a small amount of gold eye shadow to the inner corners of your eye- near your tear ducts- and a dash of turquoise shadow to the outer edges of your eyes.
5. Finish up your eyes with several coats of black mascara.
6. Complete the look with rosy cheeks and a nude lip.
I want to know: how much makeup do you wear each day? Would you rock a subdued smokey eye during the day, or are they reserved only for nighttime?